Wastewater Polishing Plants
Please click here to download the Screens Wastewater Treatment Brochure
Wastewater can be treated in various ways in the tertiary polishing state, where further solids and/or BOD need to be removed, and WPL provides a range of microscreens and sand filters that complement our wastewater process equipment, meeting stringent consent standards for new and existing treatment plants. Reliable, cost-effective and efficient, WPL microscreens have been permanently installed in more than 65 water PLC applications throughout the UK.
WPL Clic-Clo microscreen
The new Clic-Clo microscreen has been designed to improve whole life costs, by providing a cartridge based screen cloth that can easily be fitted within minutes, removing the need for time-consuming cloth maintenance activities.
Microscreens are designed to receive pumped or gravity flows, and the unique design of the drum filter maximises the surface area of the filtration cloth to achieve high removal efficiency with extremely low operating costs. The WPL Clic-Clo microscreen can handle flows of 3 – 200 l/s.
Used on a variety of utility and municipal wastewater treatment plants as either permanent or temporary additions to existing process units, they are ideally configured to be used as retrofit items of kit where the existing works is failing discharge consent conditions.
Why choose a Clic-Clo microscreen?
Clic-Clo is a robust and low-maintenance system:
- No chemicals required for cloth maintenance
- Minimal weekly interval checks
Flexible and adaptable, it can be installed either above ground in a stainless steel cabinet (protects the unit from debris, leaf fall and provides sound attenuation) or below ground in a precast channel when considering a gravity flow. A skid-mounted option is available for above ground units. This can be hired for temporary applications, or used as a pilot trial unit to ensure suitability for your application prior to purchase.
The control panel can be provided with a specified Form 2 or Form 4 panel as an option, to accommodate particular electrical specifications, and can be connected to telemetry.
The Clic-Clo microscreen now features a cartridge based cloth/filtration system:
- ‘One-size’ cartridge fits all models
- Reduced spares stockholding
- Polyamide or stainless steel cloths can be fitted
The system can be provided with a range of interchangeable cloth cartridges from 20 microns upwards, for flexibility on flow vs flux and catering for more stringent solids consents.
An integral pumped backwash system is fitted as standard. Backwash wastewater can be discharged via an integral pumped or gravity outlet.
Low head loss through the system. Low power consumption, e.g. A 20 l/sec typical application consumes 0.3kw/hr.
Fully automated system. Process is uninterrupted during the backwash cycle.
- Municipal plants, paper and pulp, fish farms, zoos, textile industry
- Mobile or emergency treatment for sites that require immediate tertiary treatment
Dimensions and technical specifications
For further product information and technical specification please download the WPL Screens brochure
WPL sand filters
Used as a tertiary treatment to reduce BOD and Suspended Solids after full treatment, WPL sand filters are ideal as a component of an integral system or stand-alone process unit. They can be purchased or rented as required.
Why choose a WPL sandfilter?
- Acts as a final stage treatment process to remove a minimum 60% Suspended Solids: 40% Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD)
- Can be installed above or below ground
- Low cost solution to improving existing treatment plants that are failing to meet current or new, more onerous, consent standards
- Tried and test design incorporated into WPL’s successful range of HiPAF treatment plant
- Population equivalents up to 600, multiples thereafter
- Timed backwash sequence incorporates air scour,combined air scour and backwash, and final rinse phases
How it works
- Influent can flow by gravity or be pumped into filter unit
- Backwash removes solids trapped in sand filter media and waste backwash water is returned to the plant for re-treatment
- Units are sized to tackle various flow rates
- An additional waste wash water holding tank can be incorporated to control return rate to works inlet
- No need to inhibit flow to filter during backwash cycle plant sizes
• Water utilities, commercial or industrial wastewater solutions
Only from WPL
We will do everything we can to ensure that your polishing plant solution meets your needs. Our service includes:
- Process design, on-site mechanical and electrical installation, setting to work and commissioning of the unit
- Service contracts tailored to specific site requirements
Here to Help
We hope you can find everything you need here on our website but if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call us on 023 92242 600 or email email@example.com – we'll be happy to help.